The Composite Fillings Procedure
A composite fillings procedure with Dr. Hawke typically takes just one office visit. Patients who have composite fillings may experience a little sensitivity afterwards, but that is normal and should go away shortly.
1. The teeth are numbed for your comfort.
2. The decay is removed and/or the damaged part of the teeth is prepped for the composite.
3. The composite material is mixed and then placed over the teeth in layers. A laser beam is also used to bond the fillings tightly to the teeth.
4. The composite is molded to the teeth for a perfect fit and appearance.
5. The composite fillings are polished, which helps them to fight decay, stains and keep them strong against stress and damage.
Composite fillings last a long time but eventual repairs and replacements are not uncommon. Good oral hygiene and visiting Dr. Hawke for regular cleanings and checkups can go a long way in keeping them in top shape.
Composite fillings are today’s preference over metal. To make your smile more beautiful and healthy, call the cosmetic dentist in Tucson, AZ today for a consultation.
Dr. Robert Hawke, a general dentist in Tucson, AZ, offers many procedures that can improve the health and appearance of your smile. These advanced procedures include the LANAP Laser treatment, Dental Implants, Implant Supported Dentures, and Composite Fillings. If you suffer from gum disease or loose lower dentures, call our office today to schedule your appointment. We are proud to serve patients from Tucson, AZ and the surrounding areas including the Marana Valley, Oro Valley, and Vail, AZ.